In this collection of tutorials you will learn how to make Christmas toys for the Christmas tree with your own hands from improvised materials.
How to Make Christmas toys made of natural materials
The best material for natural toys is a cone. You can use both large spruce and small pine, the main thing is to prepare them correctly. You can decorate cones with different beads, balls, buttons, ribbons and small natural materials such as dried moss and alder cones.
Use a silicone (glue) gun to glue all the small pieces together. Replace white silicone with colored or clear silicone with glitter to make the glue less conspicuous. To paint the cones, use gold spray paint. The spray paint will allow you to evenly and thinly tint the cone, both on top and inside between the scales.
How to Make Christmas toy cone with a red bow
Christmas toy cone with a red bow
Total Time: 25 minutes
Step 1 [How to Make Christmas Toys]
Fold the red ribbon in half and put the red wooden ring on it. You can use a ring from a wooden bill. Fold the loose ends of the ribbon in a bow.
Step 2 [How to Make Christmas Toys]
Tint the bump with a little gold spray paint. Try to apply the paint evenly.
Step 3 [How to Make Christmas Toys]
Using a glue gun, glue the bow to the top of the cone. Straighten the ends of the ribbon.
Step 4 [How to Make Christmas Toys]
Glue the beads between the scales of the cone.
Step 5 [How to Make Christmas Toys]
Attach a glass ball to the end of the cone.
Step 6 [How to Make Christmas Toys]
Decorate the top of the cone with small gold cones. To do this, glue them along the wooden ring.
- Pine and spruce cones
- cones of larch
Materials: Glue gun Gold acrylic paint
Golden cone with green bow and moss [How to Make Christmas Toys]
- Tint the cone with gold paint.
- Glue a thin silk ribbon to the top of the cone with a silicone drop. Beforehand, fold the ribbon in half and tie the ends so that a large loop is formed.
- Glue sprigs of moss to the edges of the ribbon. Glue each sprig separately.
- On top of the ribbon, glue a green bow. On top of the bow – a jingle bell.
- On both sides of the bell, glue small pieces of moss.
- On the other side of the bow, glue different glass balls. Position them so that the moss is between the bow and the glass.
- Complete the cone with red beads. Glue them all over the cone and around the bow.
Fragrant Tangerine Christmas Toy [How to Make Christmas Toys]
- Pierce the skin of the dried mandarin with an awl. Make two holes on opposite sides. Screw self-tapping screws with a ring into the holes.
- Around one ring, apply superglue and carefully arrange the bay leaves on it. Make sure the leaves are small and of equal size. Allow the tangerine to dry until the glue is completely dry.
- Break the cinnamon sticks into equal slices and tie them with silver thin ribbon.
- Tie the cinnamon to the top ring on the tangerine. Tie the ends of the ribbon in a bow.
- Put some beads on the tassel string and attach it to the second ring on the tangerine. Spread out the tassel.
Wooden Christmas toys in decoupage technique
Decoupage is a decorating technique using napkins or pictures on thin paper. Decoupage is a salvation for everyone who can’t draw, but really wants to create beautiful toys.
- Use a toothpick to remove the top coloring layer from the napkin.
- Tear the napkin into small pieces with a chunky edge. Tear off the most colorful pieces. To glue the tissue, first put the piece on the desired place, and then apply a layer of glue on top.
- Take turns gluing the pieces overlapping each other. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly when you are finished.
- Complete the ornament with bronze and white paint. Apply the Glass and Ceramic Stencil in small dots and allow to dry.
- Tie a bow to the top of the bell.
Toy for the Christmas tree snowman
- Paint the wooden snowman with white acrylic paint. Apply the paint in two layers to make sure the color is even. Paint the hat of the snowman in lettuce.
- From a napkin, cut out a strip of Christmas lights and glue it to the bottom of the snowman.
- On the bottom edge – the stand of the snowman, glue with “Superglue” rhinestones, alternating their color.
- Cap the snowman firmly glued rhinestones.
- Paint the nose of the snowman with red – orange acrylic paint.
- Use a thin brush to draw a smiling mouth.
- Use black paint to draw eyes and buttons.
- Tie a ribbon scarf around the neck of the snowman.
Christmas toys made of felt
Soft felt toys look on the tree unexpectedly and very beautiful among the usual glass toys.
Teddy Bear [How to Make Christmas Toys]
- Make a pattern of the bear out of paper, and then trace it on the felt. Carefully cut out the blank. If you have thick felt, one piece is enough. And if the felt is thin, then cut out two pieces.
- All along the edge make decorative stitches. Try to ensure that the stitches and the spacing between them were the same.
- In the center of the bear’s head make a big loop so the toy can be hung on the tree. Secure the thread with a knot and cut off the excess.
- Sew a small bow and button on the neck. Ribbon fold into a bow, cover the top with a button and fix with a few stitches.
- Embroider teddy bear little eyes – crosses. If desired, you can embroider nose and mouth.
Flower heart [How to Make Christmas Toys]
- Cut out thick colored felt blanks: a large heart and a flower.
- Make decorative stitches through the center of the flower. Try to make even stitches, and the ends of the threads to hide inside.
- To one of the petals, sew a large lens. Secure it with a few stitches over the edge and pull the knot inwards.
- Sew the pink heart around the edge with a fine stitch. Cut out a circle from a thin fabric and cut along the edge. Place the resulting flower in the center of the heart.
- On top of attach a button and sew everything together.
- Sew together the pieces with a large loop with a bead in the middle. To keep the bead from sliding down, thread it twice and in different directions.
- Sew a large loop on top of the heart to hang the toy.