In this lesson you will learn how to draw leaves of different trees step by step. Anyone can learn how to draw leaves of trees. To do this, you need to find the right pencils and a sheet of paper.
Basics of drawing leaves
It is necessary to follow the general rules in order to draw the leaves step by step:
- Leaf veins.
First of all, it is the marking of the leaf veins. After that, you need to make a vertical line, which should be drawn from the line drawn by the horizontal line, and then draw a horizontal line, and then some more lines, depending on the leaf. It is not necessary to use a ruler, as the leaves do not have perfect veins.
- The pattern of additional veins.
Now to the main large veins should be added many small ones in any sequence, but observing a certain symmetry. Before drawing a tree, you should first familiarize yourself with the number of veins on the leaf and the shape of the leaf.
- Shapes of leaves.
Shapes of leaves. In step 1, draw the shape on the sheet of paper, and in step 2, draw its design. At the ends of the veins set aside 0.5 – 0.6 cm and draw smooth lines.
- Next, after the outline of the leaf is formed, you can add the missing details and connect the veins to each other.
- Colors and shades. To begin with, you need to draw an outline on a sheet of paper, and then paint it in the desired color. If you want to draw an autumn leaf, it is best to use yellow, red and green pencils.
Simple Maple Leaf Drawing
how to draw leaves Maple
Total Time: 6 minutes
Step 1 [How to Draw Leaves]
Draw a vertical, slightly curved line. From the center line draw two more lines to the left and right side.
Step 2 [How to Draw Leaves]
Draw jagged lines on the extreme right line.
Step 3 [How to Draw Leaves]
Now make the same notches at the top of this line.
Next we come to the middle line. Draw the jagged lines on the right.
Step 5 [How to Draw Leaves]
And then to the left.
Let’s move on to the last line. And again we make the relief of the leaf.
Step 7 [How to Draw Leaves]
We finish the last part of the sheet.
Finally, we press the veins inside the leaf. And then paint in the color you like.
- Drawing paper
Drawing some more types of leaves
A birch leaf is drawn in different ways:
- First from the veins and then from the base.
- Step by step, we draw from the base.
- Start drawing the base of the birch leaf. It should look like a raindrop.
- Next, we draw a vertical line in the center, which will be the main vein. Then add additional veins.
- On the front side of the leaf zigzag line.
- Remove unnecessary lines and paint the leaf.
- Then move on to the core.
- Draw a horizontal, slightly curved line.
- After that, draw on it in the form of a drop or heart.
- In the vertical vein we add smaller ones.
- On the edges of the sheet we draw a fine zigzag and remove all auxiliary lines.
- Apply color to the leaf.
If you want to draw an oak leaf, you can do it as follows:
- Draw an oval, slightly tapered at the bottom.
- Divide the oval by a vertical line in half – this will be the central, main vein.
- Draw the edges of the oak leaf. It should be noted that they resemble waves.
- After that add veins and delete all unnecessary lines.
- Let’s paint the leaf.