We present you a master class on making a chic three-layerhand washedwith red beans. Despite the outward intricacy, such soap is not so difficult to make with your own hands, if the necessary soap bases, red beans and molds would be available.
TOOLS AND MATERIALS
Time: 24 hours • Difficulty: 6/10
- 110 grams of transparent soap base;
- 200 grams of white soap base;
- 140 grams of red beans;
- 3.5 ml essential oil or 7 ml cosmetic fragrance oil of your choice;
- 3-4 drops of red soap dye;
- Silicone forms;
- a bottle of isopropyl alcohol in a spray;
- Kitchen Scales;
- utensils for mixing;
- sharp knife;
- measuring cup;
- cutting board.
Adding red beans to a transparent base is a simple and unusual option to make a beautiful decorative soap with your own hands. In just a day, you can create an amazing soap, which you can then give to loved ones on the occasion of housewarming and other holidays!
The original three-layer handmade soap combines two extreme layers of pale pink color, and the inner one is transparent with beans frozen in it. Red beans in the composition of the product contribute to a gentle massage of the skin during washing. In addition, you can finely grind the beans and mix them with the base – and the natural scrub soap is ready!
STEP BY STEP MASTER CLASS
Let’s quickly get down to business and create an incredibly beautiful and useful soap with our own hands.
STEP 1: MELT THE CLEAR BASE
- Using a scale, weigh out 110 grams of clear soap base. Cut the base into small cubes and place them in a measuring cup.
- Put a glass of soap in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until it melts. Stir.
STEP 2: ADD AROMA OIL
Measure out 1 ml of essential oil or 2 ml of fragrance oil. Mix the fragrance into the melted soap base.
Attention: so that the soap does not acquire a brownish tint, select a fragrance without vanilla.
STEP 3: MAKE BEAN BARS
- Place the molds on a cutting board for easy transport.
- Weigh out the desired amount of beans and place in molds.
- Slowly pour the melted base over the beans. Use a fork to separate the beans into 3 sections inside the liquid base.
Spray the soap with isopropyl alcohol to remove air bubbles.
Leave the base to harden for several hours.
To speed up the hardening, place the soap in the refrigerator. However, do not put in the freezer, otherwise it will become cloudy.
STEP 4: SEPARATE THE PIECES
- Remove the hardened soap from the mold.
- Using a knife, cut it into three equal sections.
- Place the pieces, bean-side down, back into the moulds, placing them in the middle of the moulds.
STEP 5: MELT THE WHITE BASE
- Weigh 200 grams of white soap base. Cut it into pieces and place in a measuring cup.
- Melt the base in the microwave, placing it there for 30 seconds.
- Measure out 2.5 ml of essential oil or 5 ml of fragrance oil. Blend the fragrance into the melted base.
- Add a few drops of red dye to the base. Mix well.
STEP 6: REMOVE BUBBLES
- Spray molds with isopropyl alcohol.
- Around the transparent sections placed in the molds in the middle, slowly pour in the white base.
- Finally spray the product with liquid soap and spray with isopropyl alcohol.
Place the containers in the refrigerator for several hours. When the bars harden, carefully remove them from the molds.
If necessary, cut off any irregularities or wash them off with water.
Do-it-yourself natural three-layer soap with red beans is ready!
For storage, wrap the bars with cling film. Or pack it beautifully if you want to give to loved ones.
And now the bonus is a recipe according to which you can make your own soap with mint. To narrow down how to do this, watch our handpicked video.